Fed Cup Heart Award Nomination. Voting together!
– The clay season is over. What can you say about it? Probably, tournament in Madrid was a successful one, wasn’t it? Especially the match against Anett Kontaveit.
– Yes, the match against Kontaveit was a good one. I could not show my game in the first set, but I am satisfied how I played in the second and the third sets. After that match I got one more confident win over Schmidlova and then there was a match against Osaka. I can’t say that I played bad in that one. I was moving pretty well and I liked how I played on the baseline. But I struggled with my serve that’s why, I guess, I could not win that match.
– Did you have any specific emotions playing against the world number one?
– I can’t say that I had special emotions. I mean I always want to win and the match against the N.1 is not an exception. For sure, I was very motivated, but still it was not enough. I should have served more active, but as I said, I had difficulties with my serve in that match. Generally, I can serve pretty well, but there are some days and matches when things don’t work the way you want, that happens.
– Speaking about Roland Garros. You suffered from a first round lose. There was a difficult two days long match against Polona Hercog.
– Yes, I was very disappointed after that match. I think that clay is my surface, but the results haven’t showed it yet. Of course I wanted a better result in Paris. But I still believe that I will achieve some good results on clay. Now it’s time for grass season.
– What are your expectations for tournaments on grass?
– I love playing on grass as well as a lot of other girls, I guess. I like England with its traditions. Last year I played good at Wimbledon and want to do it this year again. Actually, after the Wimbledon I am planning to have vocation. But if I reach second week in London, I will cancel my holidays. It is the first time when I don’t want to have holidays (smiling).
– More than one month you are working with Vladimir Platenik. How do you find your partnership?
– In my opinion one month or even two is not enough to make conclusions. But I like the way we work. I hope that results will also come!
We wish our Sasha all the best on grass! Stay with Sasnovich.com and Sasnovich Team in all the social networks for future updates. Grass season is coming and already next week Sasha will play big tournament in Birmingham.